|For Immediate Release||5 November 2018|
at Swire Properties' Mainland China projects
BEIJING (5 November 2018) - Swire Properties and Alibaba's Tmall have announced a new collaboration to introduce an innovative retail concept. The two companies will launch an extensive project using Tmall's New Retail technologies that is set to create distinct, online and offline, tailored retail experiences at Swire Properties' five shopping malls in Mainland China. Swire Properties and Tmall's senior management attended the contract signing ceremony held at Taikoo Li Sanlitun in Beijing.
The partnership will bring benefits to customers in time for Alibaba's 2018 11.11 Global Shopping Festival. Taikoo Li Sanlitun in Beijing is the first bricks-and-mortar shopping mall in Mainland China to experience this year's 11.11 "red packet rain" from 3 November.
Swire Properties will introduce Tmall's New Retail technologies at five of its developments - Taikoo Li Sanlitun and INDIGO in Beijing, HKRI Taikoo Hui in Shanghai, TaiKoo Hui in Guangzhou and Sino-Ocean Taikoo Li in Chengdu. The five New Retail initiatives include Tmall Smart Stores, Tmall Pop-Up Store, Interactive Idol Engagement Photo Booth, Smart Nursery Rooms and Smart Parking Service.
- Tmall Smart Stores: Shoppers will enjoy a seamless online and offline shopping experience from order to delivery (for participating physical stores). By signing up as members of selected brands, customers can instantly receive details on the latest promotions and enjoy a return service by simply using their digital devices;
- Tmall Pop-Up Store: Tmall will open an interactive pop-up store featuring cutting-edge technology at Taikoo Li Sanlitun. This nine-day promotion during the Festival will offer shoppers in-depth and enhanced experiences;
- Interactive Idol Engagement Photo Booth: Fans will have a chance to 'virtually interact' and snap a photo with their idol. This is the first-of-its-kind check-in hot spot in Mainland China;
- Smart Nursery Rooms: Offer mothers a relaxing and private space where they can nurse their babies at shopping malls. Vending machines will also offer essential nursing necessities to make the shopping journey hassle free;
- Smart Parking Service: By linking Alipay with their car licence plates, drivers can pay the parking fee with ease. This service will save drivers 80% in time usually spent paying the parking charge and exiting the car park;
"At Swire Properties we are always looking for new ways to innovate and integrate the latest technologies into our business so that we can bring unique experiences to our customers," said Han Zhi, Director, Retail at Swire Properties. "Our collaboration with Tmall is a powerful example of digitisation. By harnessing rapidly developing online technologies and big data, our goal is to define the New Retail shopping experience.
"This year marks the 10th anniversary of Taikoo Li Sanlitun and Alibaba's 11.11 Global Shopping Festival, both of which have grown in leaps and bounds over the past decade. We're confident that our partnership, which also celebrates this milestone, will set a new benchmark in our respective industries and in the digital space."
"We are excited to work with Swire Properties to explore how our New Retail technologies can transform their shopping malls and bring their customers holistic online and offline experiences, content and customised services. This partnership has the potential to redefine the relationship between products, customers and shopping locations and how this will bring benefits to our clients and customers," said Guohui Ye, General Manager of Tmall's New Retail Division.
About Swire Properties
Swire Properties develops and manages commercial, retail, hotel and residential properties, with a particular focus on mixed-use developments in prime locations at major mass transportation intersections. Swire Properties is listed on the Main Board of the Stock Exchange of Hong Kong and its investment portfolio in Hong Kong comprises Taikoo Place, Cityplaza and Pacific Place as its core holdings. In Mainland China, Swire Properties has five completed mixed-use developments in Beijing, Guangzhou, Chengdu and Shanghai, as well as one retail project in Qiantan, Shanghai currently under development. The Company's attributable portfolio in Mainland China amounts to around 9.4 million sq ft.
Launched in 2008, Tmall (www.tmall.com) caters to consumers looking for branded products and a premium shopping experience. A large number of international and Chinese brands and retailers have established storefronts on Tmall. According to Analysys, Tmall was China's largest third-party platform for brands and retailers in terms of gross merchandise value in 2017. Tmall is a business of Alibaba Group.
|Wayne Leung||Carrie Wong|
|Public Affairs Manager||Senior Public Affairs Officer|
|Xiaoyi Shao||Sindy Shi|