|For Immediate Release||9 November 2018|
Rolls-Royce has introduced a new Trent XWB Engine Change Service, with Hong Kong Aircraft Engineering Company Limited ("HAECO Hong Kong") as its launch partner.
The service enables Rolls-Royce customers to access its OEM expertise and supplier network, with Rolls-Royce acting as a one-stop shop to organise labour, parts and/or tooling for any Trent XWB engine change event.
Offered on a time and material basis, Rolls-Royce customers are able to request a quote for their engine change event requirements from its 24/7 Aircraft Availability Centre, be that a home base or remote site location.
HAECO Hong Kong has been selected as the first service provider to support Rolls-Royce in delivering the Engine Change Service, providing established capabilities and a long-standing relationship with Rolls-Royce.
Lee McConnellogue, Rolls-Royce, Senior Vice President - Aircraft Availability Services, Civil Aerospace, said: "We are constantly looking at ways we can further improve aircraft availability and this service gives us additional capability to do just that. We wanted to launch with a partner who has a heritage of delivery and engineering expertise and HAECO Hong Kong fits that requirement perfectly."
Patrick Wong, HAECO Hong Kong's Executive General Manager, Line Services, said: "We are looking forward to working with Rolls-Royce on this new service. We know airlines are looking for efficiency improvements that get their aircraft back in service faster, and that is what we can offer."
Rolls-Royce plans to continue to develop the service over time by creating a global network of service support providers, full integration with the CareStore services, including Foundation Services, and expansion of the service coverage to initially the Trent 7000 engine family, and potentially across the full Trent engine family.
Established in 1950, HAECO Hong Kong is one of the world's leading independent aircraft engineering and maintenance groups. It is one of the largest independent Maintenance, Repair and Overhaul service providers in terms of capacity.
HAECO Hong Kong's mechanics performing an inspection on a Trent XWB engine
About Rolls-Royce Holdings plc
1. Rolls-Royce pioneers cutting-edge technologies that deliver the cleanest, safest and most competitive solutions to meet our planet's vital power needs.
2. Rolls-Royce has customers in more than 150 countries, comprising more than 400 airlines and leasing customers, 160 armed forces, 4,000 marine customers including 70 navies, and more than 5,000 power and nuclear customers.
3. Annual underlying revenue was £15 billion in 2017, around half of which came from the provision of aftermarket services. The firm and announced order book stood at £78.5 billion at the end of December 2017.
4. In 2017, Rolls-Royce invested £1.4 billion on research and development. We also support a global network of 31 University Technology Centres, which position Rolls-Royce engineers at the forefront of scientific research.
5. Rolls-Royce employs almost 55,000 people in 55 countries. Approximately 19,400 of these are engineers.
6. The Group has a strong commitment to apprentice and graduate recruitment and to further developing employee skills. In 2017 we recruited 313 graduates and 339 apprentices through our worldwide training programmes.
About Hong Kong Aircraft Engineering Company Limited ("HAECO Group")
The HAECO Group is one of the world's leading aircraft engineering and maintenance service providers. The Group provides a comprehensive range of services encompassing Airframe Services, Line Services, Cabin Solutions, Private Jet Solutions, Fleet Technical Management, Inventory Technical Management, Component Overhaul, Aerostructure Repairs, Landing Gear Services, Engine Services, Parts Manufacturing and Technical Training. The HAECO Group consists of 17 subsidiaries and affiliates, employing around 17,000 staff in Hong Kong, Mainland China, Singapore and the United States. The HAECO Group is publicly listed on the Hong Kong Stock Exchange (Stock Code: 00044). HAECO Group's website: www.haeco.com