At Swire, we encourage diversity and promote equal opportunities. We have established an Equal Opportunities and Diversity Council with the following objectives:
- To formulate equal opportunities and diversity policies for all Swire group employees.
- To encourage and advocate equal opportunities and diversity within the Swire group.
- To monitor and measure our equal opportunities and diversity achievements.
- To communicate our achievements in providing equal opportunities and diversity within the Swire group.
- To create, monitor and oversee an appropriate organisational framework within the Swire group in order to facilitate the achievement of our objectives.
In 2015, the Swire Gender Diversity Committee championed the establishment of the Swire Women's Network. The aim of the network is to attract talented female employees to join Swire and to develop and retain them within the group. The Swire Women's Network serves as a platform for talented women in Swire to connect with one another to share experiences and ideas. It arranges events and activities that are relevant for career development purposes, develops coaching and training dedicated to women, and connects and collaborates with external organisations' women's network.