Swire has a longstanding commitment to sustainable development. We aim to create long term value for our shareholders. We recognise that our success in doing so is dependent on our people, the communities in which we operate and the natural environment. When the world in which we operate thrives, so do we.
SwireTHRIVE aims to mitigate operational risk and build long term resilience for our businesses by improving standards and efficiency and by innovation in five areas:
- Climate – Decarbonise our business and build climate resilience
- Waste – Turn today’s waste into tomorrow’s resource
- Water – Use and manage water responsibly
- People – Foster a corporate culture that is accessible, inclusive and safe
- Communities – Position our community initiative as part of our core business value
SwireTHRIVE was introduced in 2016. It focused on environmental topics. In 2020, it was extended to people and communities to better reflect our sustainable development priorities.
Health and safety and support for the communities in which we operate are fundamental to us being a responsible business. Through our Diversity & Inclusion department, we promote diversity and inclusion and aim to lead in this area. Including people and communities in the SwireTHRIVE framework facilitates collaboration among our operating companies with a view to achieving common goals. It helps us to communicate more clearly what we stand for and what we do. Our board has endorsed SwireTHRIVE.