- About Us
- Investor Relations
- Corporate Governance Report
- Risk Management
- Directors and Officers
- List of Directors and their
Role and Function
- Corporate Governance Code / Procedures for shareholders to convene general meetings, to circulate written resolutions and statements and to propose persons for election as directors
- Shareholders' Communication Policy
- Securities Codes
- Corporate Information
- Terms of Reference
- Sustainable Development
- Media Room
- Swire Group
Our aims are to deliver sustainable growth in shareholder value, achieved through sound returns on equity over the long term, and to return value to shareholders through sustainable growth in ordinary dividends. Our strategy is focused on Greater China and South East Asia, where we seek to grow our core Property, Beverages and Aviation divisions. New areas of growth, such as healthcare and sustainable foods, are being targeted.
Integrity, endeavour, excellence, humility, teamwork, continuity.
Our Core Principles
- We focus on Asia, principally Greater China, because of its strong growth potential and because it is where the Group has long experience, deep knowledge and strong relationships.
- We mobilise capital, talent and ideas across the Group. Our scale and diversity increase our access to investment opportunities.
- We are prudent financial managers. This enables us to execute long-term investment plans irrespective of short-term financial market volatility.
- We recruit the best people and invest heavily in their training and development. The welfare of our people is critical to our operations.
- We build strong and lasting relationships, based on mutual benefit, with those with whom we do business.
- We invest in sustainable development, because it is the right thing to do and because it supports long-term growth through innovation and improved efficiency.
- We are committed to the highest standards of corporate governance and to the preservation and development of the Swire brand and reputation.
Our Investment Principles
- We aim to build a portfolio of businesses that collectively deliver a steady dividend stream over time.
- We are long-term investors. We prefer to have controlling interests in our businesses and to manage them for long-term growth. We do not rule out minority investments in appropriate circumstances.
- We concentrate on businesses where we can contribute expertise, and where our expertise can add value.
- We invest in businesses that provide high-quality products and services and that are leaders in their markets.
- We divest from businesses which have reached their full potential under our ownership, and recycle the capital released into existing or new businesses.