Swire Pacific is committed to ensuring that its affairs are conducted in accordance with high ethical standards. This reflects its belief that, in the achievement of its long-term objectives, it is imperative to act with probity, transparency and accountability. By so acting, Swire Pacific believes that shareholder wealth will be maximised in the long term and that its employees, those with whom it does business and the communities in which it operates will all benefit.
Corporate governance is the process by which the Board instructs management of the Group to conduct its affairs with a view to ensuring that its objectives are met. The Board is committed to maintaining and developing robust corporate governance practices that are intended to ensure:
- satisfactory and sustainable returns to shareholders
- that the interests of those who deal with the Company are safeguarded
- that overall business risk is understood and managed appropriately
- the delivery of high-quality products and services to the satisfaction of customers and
- that high standards of ethics are maintained.